Keeping your audience engaged and up-to-date is crucial for the success of any online publication or newsletter service. One effective way to do this is by implementing a real-time notification system that allows you to broadcast updates and messages to your subscribers instantly. In this tutorial, we will walk you through the process of building a notification system from scratch for a Substack-type newsletter application. We will cover everything from setting up the necessary infrastructure to integrating real-time updates using web sockets. By the end of this guide, you will have a fully functional notification system that will help you keep your readers informed and coming back for more.
- Frontend - React.js, Bootstrap
- Backend - Node.js
- For Notifications -SuprSend NodeSDK
- Users have the ability to both subscribe and unsubscribe to any newsletters that are available.
- Notifications can be broadcasted to all users who have subscribed to a specific newsletter.
- A user has the option to subscribe to any number of newsletters they desire.
Basic Application UI:
You can create your own UI, or checkout the frontend code for the developed Substack type application on Github: SuprSend-NotificationAPI/Suprsend-Newsletter: Suprsend Newsletter
Backend Code and Integration
Setting up Index.js
Creating Lists on SuprSend using Lists API - https://docs.suprsend.com/docs/node-lists
Subscribing to the newsletter and hence that list
Unsubscribing through the list
Broadcasting message to the entire list using SuprSend broadcast API - https://docs.suprsend.com/docs/node-broadcast
Sample Email upon Subscription to any Newsletter from the UI